Your Donations Requested
For those attending the July and August meetings, please consider bringing a donation to benefit Harbor House, a non-profit organization that works to prevent and eliminate domestic abuse in Central Florida by providing critical life-saving services to survivors, implementing and advancing best practices, and educating and engaging the community in a united front.. We'll be gathering all items and taking them to the HR Florida Conference in support of the charitable focus for this year.
Please consider the donation of gift cards in small denominations ($5 / $10) to retailers such as Wal-Mart/Target, Gas stations and pet stores. Having the ability to purchase items that are needed can provide a feeling of empowerment to a victim of abuse that may have lost everything.
Wish List Items
Personal Care & Hygiene
• Diapers (all sizes)
• Diaper Wipes
• Feminine Hygiene Products
• New Women’s Underwear (all sizes)
• Hair Care Products (including products for women of color)
• Deodorant (please, no travel sizes)
• Shampoo and Conditioner (please, no travel sizes)
• Toothbrushes and Toothpaste (please, no travel sizes)
• Soap Bars and Body Wash (please, no travel sizes)
• Twin-sized Bedding
• Pillows and Pillow Cases
• Bath Towels and Wash Cloths
• Lynx Bus Passes (Single Ride or Weekly)
• Wal Mart Gift Cards in $5 or $10 increments
• Gas Station Gift Cards in $5 or $10 increments
• Pet Store Gift Cards in $5 or $10 increments
• (Any cleaning supplies are accepted)
SHRA Name Badges Now Available for Purchase!
SHRA members are now able to purchase a personalized SHRA magnetic badge. During 2015, we'll be selling the name badges for $15. Replacement badges and those ordered after this year will be sold for $20. Click HERE for a link to the online store.
HELP WANTED – 2016 Officers and Directors
The SHRA volunteer experience contributes to personal and professional development in areas of self-fulfillment, self-confidence and self-esteem, which often get overlooked in the rush of the workplace. We are currently seeking members who are committed to the continuance of SHRA, advancing the HR Profession and advancing the HR Professional to step forward and volunteer to be considered for the 2016 Board of Directors. Board responsibilities are outlined on our website. Please contact Lynne Tuccy, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, 2013 Past President, nominating committee chair. Deadline for submissions is July 31, 2015.