SHRA Volunteer Opportunity:
2015 Board Secretary
SHRA is currently seeking a volunteer member for the board position of Secretary. The candidate must be a member in good standing and have the flexibility to volunteer approximately 10 hours a month. Interested parties should contact Board President Jean Raskin, PHR, SHRM-CP at: email@example.com. The key responsibilities include:
- Remains a chapter-affiliate member of SHRM in good standing throughout term.
- In accordance with these Bylaws and Constitution, keeps and maintains the records of all board and general membership meetings.
- Communicates with local media sources to ensure community awareness of SHRA activities and events and to help maintain a positive image.
- Prepares and distributes press releases to the local media on SHRA meetings, functions, projects and accomplishments.
- Transcribes and distributes copies of minutes of board and general meetings (if taken) to each board member.
- Updates website with approved copies of board meeting minutes.
Coordinates and communicates to all board members about upcoming board meetings. Puts together board reports and ensures all board members have copies of reports prior to board meeting.
- Assists with registration check-in at membership meetings as needed.