An affiliated chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management
CODE OF ETHICS
As Ratified September 2011
SHRA has adopted this Code of Ethical and Professional Standards in Human Resource Management to promote and maintain the highest standards of personal conduct and professional standards among its members. By joining SHRA, members indicate support for upholding this Code and the understanding of their individual responsibility to act in accordance with its provisions.
By accepting membership in SHRA or participating in a SHRA activity, I agree to:
- Maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct at all times.
- Strive for personal growth in the field of human resource management.
- Support SHRA’s and the Society for Human Resources Management’s (SHRM) goals and objectives for developing the human resource management profession.
- Support the concept that SHRA activities are principally for professional development and networking.
- Refrain from using my official positions, either regular or volunteer, to secure special privilege, gain or benefit for myself.
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information and individuals' rights and privacy, inform and educate current and future practitioners, the organizations I serve, and the general public about the role of human resource management.
- Build respect, credibility and strategic importance for the HR profession within all organizations, the business and government community, and the communities in which I work.
- Encourage my employer to make the fair and equitable treatment of all employees a primary concern.
- Strive to make my employer profitable both in monetary terms and through the support and encouragement of effective employment practices.
- Instill in the employees and the public a sense of confidence about the conduct and intentions of my employer.
- Maintain loyalty to my employer and pursue its objectives in ways that are consistent with the public interest.
- Uphold all laws and regulations relating to my employer's activities.